Our Curation Criteria
“We grow when you grow – it is just that simple”
At AiSPi we are bridging the gap between South Asian consumers who are looking for unique fashion and talented artists like yourself who are creating works of art.
We strive to curate the hidden gems of European fashion and make it easily accessible to the everyday consumer. This takes them away from the high streets and into the heart of Europe’s fashion. We bridge the gaps between regions that don’t have access to European contemporary western wear. Our focus for 2022 is the South Asian market.
The journey between the creative vision of the designer and the product reaching the target audience is rather long and difficult. It is especially hard to enter new and inaccessible markets such as India and Pakistan. Therefore, with our experience in the region, we successfully fill in the gap and provide our clients the exposure of Asian markets.
We believe actions speak louder than words. We are ready to get our hands dirty and be part of the journey with you.
We are not here to promise you the sky and take unfair margins in return. We are here to offer you best practical solutions, honest advice and a collaborative community. All of this, along with the will to grow–together! We only work with designers that meet our curation guidelines and whom we believe in. Please note, we don’t work on retainers, we believe in you and what we do, so we get paid when we deliver results.
What can we provide for you?What can we provide for you?
Our solutions are for both new designers as well as existing designers looking to re-strategise, revamp or launch new collections or enter new markets. Our basic concept is to use a 360-degree experimental approach of combining online and offline to enter new markets. We give you a new direction and perspective on how to enter the market and use our network to get you leverage with agencies, buyers and investors. Depending on your needs, we will use a combination of the methods below.
Brand building in South Asia
Gaining trust and brand recognition is the first step towards building a sustainable customer acquisition model. We focus on educating our client about your vision and story. The travel industry is constantly growing and is going to see a drastic boom. Therefore, we target tourists visiting Europe through our ‘City from a Fashion Lens’ publication. We will create a profile for you in the city where you physically have products, advertise you on our social media and interview you for our digital publication. We will also gain you press coverage in notable publications such as Vogue, Harpers Bazar, Cosmopolitan and more as well as influencer/ celebrity placement. If you participate in our sales drop, we waive the fixed fee. However, you need to provide us all the necessary material (photos, videos, samples products etc.) to amplify your coverage.
Sales and New Market Launch via AiSPi Trunk Shows
We use the ‘drop’ model to launch exclusive designer collections. This is done in a combination of online trunk shows and offline events in South Asia. We are different than other platforms because:
- Offloading Stock: We focus on low wastage and a push towards sustainable production and cash flow. We do not focus on seasons and are happy to help you with offloading stock and older season items. We truly believe fashion is timeless and your products are beautiful to be sold at any point.
- Pre-Order at Discount: We want to reverse the fashion cycle by rewarding people that are early adopters. Offering discounts to people who pre-order collections. This allows designers to finance their production, have a future view on sales and production, offload dead stock and avoid devaluing the brand.
- We open our ‘online shop’ pr physical pop up for 5 – 7 days and use a combination of Instagram, e-commerce, paid ads, influencer campaigns, PR campaigns towards the target audience.
- At the end of this period, you ship ordered pieces to us in Belgium. For preorder items it is sent at the end of the agreed period. We arrange all logistics to South Asia.
- The cost for you is the samples that you provide us for marketing purposes towards press, celebrities, influencers. For digital drops and trunkshows we charge a commission net of vat and for physical trunk shows we work on wholesale pricing. Brands are required to participate in combination for a higher conversion rate
Lean and Practical Solutions
In the case that you are in the very early stages, or are looking for a revamp, we will brainstorm with you what are the concrete steps required for you to reach your goal. First, we will understand your target audience, their demographics and your brand vision. Then, we will work out a practical go-to market timeline, detailed steps and business plan. We will dive deep and challenge them to ensure they are attainable and aligned.
Content Creator Connects
Let’s be honest, the success of a brand is very dependent on the people you work with. If you’re missing the right person for brand strategy, content or graphic design, we can connect you to talented creatives from our AiSPi Talent Portal. It is a pool of emerging and established photographers, videographers, influencers, writers and digital agencies. They will not cost you an arm or a leg, they will get the job done!
Create and connect with other complementary designers for exclusive collaboration projects that help you both grow exponentially.